The CITRIS and the Banatao Institute Tech for Social Good Program supports UC Berkeley student-led learning and technology development to support healthy, sustainable, connected, and equitable livelihoods in the United States and abroad.
TECH FOR SOCIAL GOOD PROGRAM
To achieve its mission, the Tech for Social Good Program provides funding support to UC Berkeley undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral students, groups, teams or organizations developing hardware, software, events or programs that support healthy, sustainable, connected, and equitable livelihoods in the United States and abroad.
If you are interested in developing a technology for social good, please visit the Technology Development Track.
If you are interested in applying for funding to support a student-led event or programming that promotes technology for social good, please visit the Student-Led Events Track.
If you are interested in applying to serve as a Tech for Social Good Graduate or Undergraduate Fellow, please visit the Fellows Track.
WHY APPLY FOR A TECH FOR SOCIAL GOOD AWARD?
- Receive up to $5,000 to build technology hardware or software!
- Receive up to $1,000 to support your student-led event or programming!
- Become a fellow and help support development of technology for social good!
- Add a prominent addition of work experience beyond regular internships to your resume.
- Gain university and industry visibility as an innovator and entrepreneur.
- Have fun while enacting change that addresses society’s most pressing problems.